HumanKind 2020 provides a safe online place for young people from diverse backgrounds to share their voices, languages and stories.
Permission is required from parents/guardians before the filming and release of content.
The videos are privately uploaded to YouTube where children and the parent/guardians are given the choice to withdraw consent at any time for the sharing of their content.
Question 1. What file type do I need to supply?
Your video must be uploaded to YouTube. YouTube accepts these video formats: MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEGPS, WebM.
Question 2. How old do I need to be to submit a video?
We welcome children up to the age of eighteen years old to submit videos.
Permission is required from your parent/guardian, please download the form here.
Question 3. How do I upload a YouTube video?
YouTube videos are privately uploaded per our instructions here.
Please note that video and photographic content will only be edited for clarity and used on HumanKind 2020 for not-for-profit purposes. We will contact you via the given contact details prior to any release of information and you are free to contact us at any time to withdraw permission for your content to be used.
Question 4. What are some tips on filming a video of myself?
- Film in landscape mode on your phone, computer or camera.
- Make sure you speak slowly and clearly and try not to shake the camera!
- Try to choose a quiet location with some natural lighting
- Make sure the video is under 1 min 30sec (90 seconds)
- Make sure to write down a few things for your video like a title, why you wanted to share your story, or some facts about yourself you’d like to share
- We would love if you could submit a cover photo and any images to go along with your story!
Question 5. Can I film the video in my preferred language?
Yes! We would love it if you can share a video in your preferred language. Please submit translations to go along with your video to email@example.com.
Question 6. Who can I contact for help?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions you may have, and we’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible!